James Hubbard, Chairman
Mary Lois Spain-Sipes
A maximum of fourteen $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded to one graduating Senior from each
school district that has been actively involved in the Wise County Youth Fair during their high school
years. The scholarships will be awarded at the Youth Fair prior to the auction. Recipients will be posted
and notified of their award. Each recipient must be present to receive the award. In the event that a
recipient cannot be present, an alternate may be selected. Scholarship recipients must claim their
scholarships by May 31 of the following year.
Scholarships are competitive and based on the following criteria:
2. Each year of participation in the Wise County Youth fair while in high school.
3. Documentation of the following (limited to one page each).
a. List of leadership opportunities.
b. List of community service.
c. List of major accomplishments.
4. Essay on “Why I want this scholarship and what I will do with it.”
5. Interview with scholarship committee on four categories of questions. Not all applicants might
Student Name: _________________________________________
Date of birth: _________________________________________
Social Security #: _________________________________________
School Attending: _________________________________________
Years participated in Wise County Youth Fair. (Circle each year that applies.)
Freshman Sophomore Junior Senior
For an application, go to the WCYF website and print a copy.
Materials to be submitted by February 9th:
1. Essay on “Why I want this scholarship and what I will do with it.”
2. Official high school transcript with class rank.
3. Copy of SAT, ACT or TSI scores confirmed by counselor’s office.
Applications are due and must be post marked by February 9, 2018 and returned to:
Questions, please call Liz Hubbard at 627-6294 or 389-5388.
FYI: On the things that have to be documented - a Principal (school and community activities), Youth
Director or Pastor (Church activities) must sign them.
CLICK HERE FOR A SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
2018 Wise County Youth Fair
FEBRUARY 26 - MARCH 3
|Wise County Youth Fair. Inc.
P.O. Box 1062
Decatur, Texas 76234
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION TO BE SUBMITTED
DUE FEBRUARY 9, 2018
WISE COUNTY YOUTH FAIR SCHOLARSHIP