Superintendent: Karri Bennington, Alvord
RULES AND INFORMATION:
1. Entrants name, class and school should be on the bottom of the container. Labels will be provided by each Family and Consumer Science teacher.
2. Please read each category carefully for requirements. Those that do not meet the requirements will be disqualified.
3. A complete recipe must be included and be attached to the outside of the plastic wrap. Recipes may be printed or typed. No photocopies. Entries without
complete recipes will be disqualified (except for decorated cakes and yeast rolls.)
4. Recipes containing alcohol will not be accepted, as ingredients would not be available for purchase by the FCCLA participant.
5. Meat products used in any recipe must be cured i.e.: pepperoni, bacon, etc. Recipes containing non-cured meats will not be accepted
Entrant must be willing to have recipes reprinted for distribution.
Cake rules: except for decorated cakes, cakes must be on a disposable container, no larger than 12” round. Cakes must be securely covered with clear plastic
wrap. Except for decorated cakes, cake must be baked in an angel food cake pan, a bundt pan or a round layer cake pan.
NO mixes. Cake and icing must be made from scratch. Recipes for cake and icing must be attached.
Unusual cakes made with mixes, with ingredients added other than those listed on box directions. (no larger than 10” round across) Frosting must be made
from scratch. Entries without recipes will be disqualified.
Cakes made with a cake mix with no variations or only flavoring changes will be disqualified.
Scratch or Creative.
Due to limited space, a student may enter only one decorated cake.
These cakes must include decorating tip techniques such as piping, rose work, weaving, tip flower work (etc). They must be multiple layers. The major part of
the entry must be TIP work. May be made from no more than three (3) packages of cake mix or three (3) standard size recipes. Decorated cakes will be
judged on appearance and taste.
Decorated Novelty Cakes and Cupcakes
May be made from no more than two packages of cake mix or two standard size recipes. Decorated cakes will be judged on appearance and taste.
Unusual cupcakes made with mixes, with ingredients added other than those listed on box directions. Frostings must be made from scratch. Cupcakes may be
made from scratch as well. Cupcakes will be judged on taste as well as appearance. Six (6) cupcakes should be entered for judging. They should be placed on
an appropriately sized disposable container and covered with clear plastic wrap. Recipe for cake and frosting must accompany entry.
Should be cloverleaf shaped and made from the *Standard Recipe listed below with no added ingredients. Six (6) rolls should be entered for judging. May be
on standard plate size paper container, covered in plastic or inside a plastic bag.
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup water
1 cup milk, scalded
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups sifted all –purpose flour
4 tablespoons shortening
Soften active dry yeast in warm water (110 degrees). Combine milk, sugar, shortening, and salt; cool to lukewarm. Add 1 cup of the flour; beat well. Beat in
softened yeast and egg. Gradually add remaining flour to form soft dough, beating well. Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead well. Place in greased
bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (82 degrees) till double (1 1/2 to 2 hrs. ). Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead. Shape
into clover leaf rolls. Let double (25 to 30 min.). Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes about 18 to 24 rolls.
Should be on an appropriately sized container and covered with a clear plastic wrap. Yeast Bread does not require a loaf nor specific measurements. NO
USE OF HOT ROLL MIX, PREPARED YEAST BREAD PRODUCT, OR BREAD MACHINES.
Should be placed on disposable container inside a plastic bag or covered with clear wrap. May not be made in bread machine. May not use pre-mixed packages
or prepared products (canned biscuits).
Ten (10) pieces should be entered on a standard size disposable plate inside a clear plastic bag. Candy can include but is not limited to: cake pops, bon-
bons, hard candy, etc.
No bars. Should be drop, refrigerated or shaped. Ten (10) cookies on a paper plate inside a plastic bag.
Ten (10) bars should be entered on a standard size disposable plate inside a clear plastic bag. Brownies are acceptable. They must be made from scratch and
icing is optional.
May not require refrigeration. NO cream pies, NO meringue. Crusts and fillings must be made from scratch. No graham cracker crusts. Must include recipe for
filling and crust. Must be in a disposable pan. Can include, but not limited to fruit pies, savory, fried and custards. Recipe cannot contain meat product of any
FCCLA/4-H COMBINED THEMED CATEGORY
2021 WCYF Theme: Peaches
1. ONE class. No age or level divisions.
2. Theme will change each year and will relate to a food grown in Texas.
3. The entry should not be duplicated in the regular FCCLA or 4-H foods division. (Ex. FCCLA/4-H members should not enter the same recipe in the Theme
division and the candy class.)
4. Entry types can be any of the FCCLA/4-H categories except those that ARE NOT tasted.
5. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: best use of food theme; taste, texture, appearance, and degree of difficulty.
6. Minimum to maximum size for the container that the entry is presented in may not exceed the size of other FCCLA/4-H categories.
7. Entries will be displayed separately in the Women’s building from the other FCCLA/4-H food entries.
8. Separate judges will judge FCCLA/4-H Theme entries from those judging FCCLA/4-H food entries.
9. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries will receive an award.
For 2021: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive premium money.
10. Entries will not be eligible for a sale slot.
1. Scratch Cake
2. Quick Bread
3. Creative Cake
5. Bar Cookie
6. Bundt Cake
8. Scratch Cake
9. Quick Bread
10. Creative Cake
12. Bar Cookie
13. Bundt Cake
15. Scratch Cake
16. Quick Bread
17. Creative Cake
19. Bar Cookie
20. Bundt Cake
22. Decorated Layer
23. Decorated Novelty Cakes and Cupcakes
24. Yeast Rolls
25. Yeast Bread
27. Gourmet Cupcakes
FCCLA/4-H COMBINED THEMED
28. FCCLA/4-H Theme (See above for guidelines)