Superintendents: Shelly Laaser, Decatur
Assistant Superintendent: Cheryl Fortenberry, Slidell
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The 4-H Food Division is open to all qualified 4-H members in Wise County.
2. An individual may enter only one item per class. It must be entered in the correct class.
3. Each entry must have 4-H’ers name, age, 4-H club and recipe class taped to bottom of container and visible from the exterior. Cakes should be covered
securely with clear (no color) transparent wrap or clear throw-away covers and be on paper plates, cardboard, or board (display board is not to extend more
than 2 inches outside the food). Cookies, candy and breads should be on paper plates and placed inside a plastic bag. Pies should be in disposable pie plates
and covered with transparent wrap or clear plastic throw-away cover.
4. Due to lack of refrigeration at the contest site, no entries that require refrigeration will be accepted. Any entry requiring refrigeration, regardless of
category will be disqualified. Examples include: cream cheese, whipped cream, uncooked heavy cream, Cool Whip, cheesecake, and cream pies. Cream
cheese and cooked heavy cream based frostings are allowable.
5. A copy of the complete recipe must accompany food. DO NOT include participants name on recipe. Recipe shall be attached to top of food, outside the
wrap. Typed recipes are encouraged, but handwritten are accepted. Entrant must be willing to have recipes reprinted for distribution. Recipes containing
alcohol will not be accepted, as ingredients would not be available for purchase by the 4-H participant.
6. Garnishes shall be edible and the complete work of the exhibitor; frosting must be made from scratch.
7. Entries must be in the Women’s Building between 7:30 and 10:00 a.m. Thursday. None will be accepted after 10:00 a.m.
8. Entries will be placed first through sixth places, according to merit. All others will receive participation ribbons.
9. Premiums will be given on first through third places.
10. Entries will be released from 2:30 pm until 4:30 pm Friday.
11. Photographs for Grand, Reserve and Overall age division winners will be taken Friday at 4:00 p.m. in the Women’s Building.
12. Entries not complying with these rules will not be accepted. Disqualification for not following the rules will be up to the discretion of the 4-H Food
13. The 5 sale slots will be allocated as follows:
Overall Grand Champion
Overall Reserve Grand Champion
Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade Champion
Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade Champion
Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade Champion
14. See Entry information on page 12 & 17 for guidelines on entering.
FCCLA/4-H COMBINED THEMED CATEGORY
2021 WCYF Theme: Peaches
1. ONE class. No age or level divisions.
2. Theme will change each year and will relate to a food grown in Texas.
3. The entry should not be duplicated in the regular FCCLA or 4-H foods division. (Ex. FCCLA/4-H members should not enter the same recipe in the Theme
division and the candy class.)
4. Entry types can be any of the FCCLA/4-H categories except those that ARE NOT tasted.
5. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: best use of food theme; taste, texture, appearance, and degree of difficulty.
6. Minimum to maximum size for the container that the entry is presented in may not exceed the size of other FCCLA/4-H categories.
7. Entries will be displayed separately in the Women’s building from the other FCCLA/4-H food entries.
8. Separate judges will judge FCCLA/4-H Theme entries from those judging FCCLA/4-H food entries.
9. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries will receive an award.
For 2021: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive premium money.
10. Entries will not be eligible for a sale slot.
No bars. Should be drop, refrigerator or shaped.
Ten (10) cookies on a paper plate inside a plastic bag.
1. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
2. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
3. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
Ten (10) bars on paper plate inside a plastic bag.
4. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
5. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
6. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
Ten (10) pieces on paper plate inside a plastic bag.
7. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
8. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
9. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
Multiple layers only.
No mix, maximum size 9 inches. Cake and frosting must be from scratch.
10. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
11. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
12. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
Multiple layers only, maximum size 9 inches.
Unusual cakes made with MIXES, with ingredients added other than those listed on box directions. Frosting must be from scratch.
13. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
14. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
15. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
BUNDT CAKES OR TUBE CAKES
Scratch or creative.
With ingredients other than those listed in basic directions on box. NO layer cakes, NO sheet cakes.
16. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
17. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
18. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
NO yeast. NO pre-mixed (packaged) mixes allowed.
One (1) large loaf inside sealed plastic bag.
19. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
20. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
21. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
The purpose of this fair is to reward personal skills. Therefore, NO hot roll mix or bread machines are to be used.
Ten (10) rolls, 1 loaf, or tube loaf sealed inside plastic bag.
22. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
23. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
24. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
Those which do not require refrigeration: NO cream pies: NO meringue, no uncooked fruit pies (ex. Strawberry pie in gelatin). Crust and filling must be
made from scratch.
25. Junior: 8yrs old & 3rd—5th grade
26. Intermediate: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
27. Senior: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade
FCCLA/4-H COMBINED THEMED
28. FCCLA/4-H Theme (See pgs. 51-52 for guidelines)