2018 Wise County Youth Fair
FEBRUARY 26 - MARCH 3
Superintendent: Brian Moore, Greenwood
Breeding Swine Judge: David Frazier
Market Swine Judge: Josh Elkins
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the following rules will govern the Swine Department.
2. Market hogs will be validated in the exhibitor or family name, with no limit on the number to be validated, the exhibitor and weight must be declared
when Weight/Breed Declaration cards are due. Only 2 head may be shown by exhibitor.
3. Market classes are barrow only.
4. Exhibitors must check with the Swine Superintendent upon arrival for pen assignment. Pens will be assigned by club or chapter.
5. Market hogs must be ear tagged on County tag-in date or state validated to be eligible to show. In the event an ear tag is lost it i
s the exhibitor’s responsibility to contact the Swine Superintendent as soon as possible to have the tag replaced. Any hog that does not have an ear t
ag at the time of weigh-in will not be allowed to show.
6. Market hogs will be classified and divided by breed then by weight after weight cards are turned in. The Overall Grand and Reserve, plus the Cha
mpion and Reserve from each breed will be sold, then a percent of each breed staying as close to forty (40) lots. It will be divided by the total number
of swine entries in all breeds based on a percentage that will be in the sale. Plus or minus 1.
*There will be an Invitational Celebrity Showmanship show following the Market Swine show.
7. Classification will follow these guidelines:
Hamp, York, Duroc
Team Pure Bred guidelines:
Spot, Poland, Burk, Chester
8. A substitution fee of $5.00 may be paid and a substitution made upon arrival to the WCYF Secretary.
BREEDING HOGS: (All breeds)
1. Gilts under 6 months
2. Gilts over 6 months
Champion Duroc Gilt
Reserve Champion Duroc Gilt
3. Gilts under 6 months
4. Gilts over 6 months
Champion Hampshire Gilt
Reserve Champion Hampshire Gilt
OTHER PURE BREEDS
5. Gilts under 6 months
6. Gilts over 6 months
Reserve Champion O.P.B.
7. Gilts under 6 months
8. Gilts over 6 months
Champion Cross Breed Gilt
Reserve Champion Cross Breed Gilt
Grand Champion Female
Reserve Champion Female
Junior Showmanship, Breeding Swine
Senior Showmanship, Breeding Swine
10. Market Hogs
Market hogs will be divided by breed. Those breeds being: Cross, Duroc, Hamp, OPB and York.
Market hogs will be classified after weight cards are turned in by a three (3) member classifying team. Classifiers decision is fin
al. Then classes will be broke by weight. There must be ten (10) head to constitute a breed with the exception of the OPB class which must have
five (5) head to constitute a breed . If there is not enough pure breeds to constitute a class, they will be put in the OPB class. All pure breed
s must meet breed characteristics including ear notches that follow the major show guidelines. Any swine without ear notches will be
put in the Cross Class.
At the discretion of the superintendent, OPB may be divided into white and dark classes. There must be a minimum of
five (5) head to constitute a breed.
Overall Grand Champion Market Hog
Overall Reserve Champion Market Hog
Junior Showmanship, Market Hog
Senior Showmanship, Market Hog