2018 Wise County Youth Fair
FEBRUARY 26 - MARCH 3
Superintendent: Paul Cantrell
Assistant Superintendent: Chris Cantrell
Market Lamb Judge: Josh Kouns
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the following rules will govern the Sheep Department.
2. Exhibitor should check with the sheep superintendent upon arrival for pen assignments.
3. Market lambs MUST be ear tagged, nose printed and tattooed at state validation or ear tagged at county tag-in.
4. Animals may be validated or tagged in the family name with exhibitor designated when Weight/Breed Declaration cards are due.
5. Exhibitors of market lambs or their immediate family must own their animals from the county tag in date to the following Show Date.
6. All lambs must have baby teeth.
7. ONLY WETHERS WILL SHOW IN THE SHEEP SHOW.
8. Market lambs will be classified by a one(1) member classifying team. The judgment of the division classifiers is final and is not subject to protest.
9. All market lambs will be classified into three (3) divisions: Southdown, Fine Wool Cross, Medium Wool.
10. The superintendent shall determine the number of lamb classes in each division after all lambs are classified and weight cards are in.
11. Champion & Reserve from each division will
compete for OVERALL GRAND and OVERALL RESERVE.
12. The Overall Grand and Reserve, and the Champion and Reserve from each division will be sold, then a percent of each division will be sold staying as
close to ten (10) lots as possible. It will be divided by the total number of lamb entries in all divisions based on a percentage will be in the sale. Give or take
one (1) lamb.
13. A substitution fee of $5.00 may be paid and a substitution made upon arrival to the WCYF Secretary.
1. Market Lamb
Fine Wool Cross
Medium Wool / Shropshire
Junior Showmanship, Market Lamb
Senior Showmanship, Market Lamb