2018 Wise County Youth Fair
FEBRUARY 26 - MARCH 3
Superintendent: Tiffany Maggret
Assistant Superintendent: Haley Shurden
Judge: Ben Baldus
The 2018 Wise County Youth Fair Horse Show will be held at :
NRS Training Arena
309 CR 4228
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair, the 4-H State Horse Show Rules, and the following rules will govern
the Horse Show.
2. Judging will be based on the horse only in halter classes.
3. Any horse shown must be owned by the exhibitor or the exhibitor’s immediate family. You cannot show a friend’s
4. Exhibitors may enter all classes but will be allowed to enter only one horse per class. A horse cannot be ridden by two
or more riders in any class.
5. There must be a minimum of three (3) entrants per class. If less than three (3) at show management discretion class
will be canceled.
6. Exhibitors must check in with the Horse Show Secretary before 7:30 a.m. The secretary will assign each exhibitor an
exhibitor number card. This card must be displayed on the exhibitor’s back during all classes.
7. All exhibitors must observe the 4-H Dress Code (hat, boots, long sleeve shirts).
8. No stallions will be allowed to show.
9. All exhibitors must use their age as of August 31.
Age groups are: Juniors—13 & under
Seniors 14—19 years
10. In case of a tie, the tie will be broken using state 4-H rules.
11. High point and reserve high point for each age division awards will be given for Performance Horse. Only one
horse/one rider combination can be eligible for High Point.
12. To be eligible for high point Performance, horse must be shown at halter. Classes 1-6 or Showmanship Classes 7-10.
13. All exhibitors must bring their current negative Coggins with them to the horse show and present it at time of check-in.
14. Any exhibitor or parent/coach mistreating or correcting an animal which is deemed excessive by the show
management will be asked to leave the show grounds immediately and forfeit any and all show fees and premiums.
15. Due to 4-H Rules, Clover Kids and Pee Wee Kids will no longer be able to show at the Wise County Youth Fair. All
exhibitors must be at least 8 years old and in the 3rd grade to compete.
16. Validation papers must be mailed in by entry deadline. Papers are available online.
17. Working Cow Horse—subject to cattle availability, if cattle unavailable will do dry work only.
PERFORMANCE CLASSES—8:30 A.M. MONDAY
1. Registered Mares (4 & under)
2. Registered Mares (5 & over)
3. Grade Mare (All ages) NO papers from any Breed Association
Grand Champion Mares
4. Registered Geldings (4 & under)
5. Registered Geldings (5 & over)
6. Grade Geldings (All ages) NO papers from any Breed Association
Grand Champion Geldings
7. Junior Showmanship
8. Senior Showmanship
9. Junior English Showmanship
10. Senior English Showmanship
11. Junior Hunter Under Saddle
12. Senior Hunter Under Saddle
13. Junior Hunt Seat Equitation
14. Senior Hunt Seat Equitation
15. Junior Working Cow Horse
16. Senior Working Cow Horse
17. Junior Stock Horse Trail
18. Senior Stock Horse Trail
19. Junior Western Pleasure
20. Senior Western Pleasure
21. Junior Horsemanship
22. Senior Horsemanship
23. Junior Western Riding (must do flying lead changes per 4-H rules)
24. Senior Western Riding (must do flying lead changes per 4-H rules)
25. Junior Reining
26. Senior Reining
27. Junior Stock Horse Pleasure
28. Senior Stock Horse Pleasure
29. Junior English Jumping (Hunter Hack)
30. Senior English Jumping (Hunter Hack)
BREAKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE SHOW
SPEED EVENTS ARE LISTED IN: DEPARTMENT V-HORSE SHOW