Superintendents: Haley Shurden
Judge: Becky Terrell
The 2021 WCYF Horse Show will be held on Saturday at:
NRS Training Center
309 CR 4228
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair, the 4-H State Horse Show Rules, and the following rules will govern
the Horse Show.
2. Judging will be based on the horse only in halter classes.
3. Any horse shown must be owned by the exhibitor or the exhibitor’s immediate family. You cannot show a friend’s
4. Exhibitors may enter all classes but will be allowed to enter only one horse per class. A horse cannot be ridden by two
or more riders in any class.
5. There must be a minimum of three (3) entrants per class. If less than three (3) at show management discretion class
will be canceled.
6. Exhibitors must check in with the Horse Show Secretary on Saturday, February 27th before 7:00 a.m. or Friday
February 26rth from 3-5:00 pm. The secretary will assign each exhibitor an exhibitor number card. This card must be
displayed on the exhibitor’s back during all classes.
7. All exhibitors must observe the 4-H Dress Code (hat, boots, long sleeve shirts).
8. No stallions will be allowed to show.
9. All exhibitors will show by grade:
Grade groups are: Juniors 3rd—8th grade
Seniors 9th—12th grade
10. In case of a tie, the tie will be broken using state 4-H rules.
11. Hi Point Awards—One horse/One rider.
Junior Western Hi Point
Junior Western Reserve Hi Point (Trophy Halter)
Senior Western Hi Point
Senior Western Reserve Hi Point (Trophy Halter)
Junior English Hi Point
Junior English Reserve Hi Point (Trophy Halter)
Senior English Hi Point
Senior English Reserve Hi Point (Trophy Halter)
12. To be eligible for high point Performance, horse must be shown in Halter Classes 12-17 or Showmanship
Classes 10-11 or 18-19 (English showmanship will go to the english hi point awards, Western showmanship will to to the
western hi point awards)
13. All exhibitors must bring their current negative Coggins with them to the horse show and present it at time of check-in.
14. Any exhibitor or parent/coach mistreating or correcting an animal which is deemed excessive by the show
management will be asked to leave the show grounds immediately and forfeit any and all show fees and premiums.
15. Due to 4-H Rules, Clover Kids and Pee Wee Kids will no longer be able to show at the Wise County Youth Fair. All
exhibitors must be at least 8 years old and in the 3rd grade to compete.
16. Validation papers must be mailed in by entry deadline. Papers are available online.
17. Working Cow Horse—subject to cattle availability, if cattle unavailable will do dry work only.
8:00 A.M. JUMPING WARM UP (2 minute sign ups at check in)
8:30 A.M. START
1. Junior Hunter Hack
2. Senior Hunter Hack
3. Junior Equitation Over Fences
4. Senior Equitation Over Fences
5. Senior Open Jumping
6. Junior Hunter Under Saddle
7. Senior Hunter Under Saddle
8. Junior Hunt Seat Equitation
9. Senior Hunt Seat Equitation
10. Junior English Showmanship
11. Senior English Showmanship
12. Registered Mares (4 & under)
13. Registered Mares (5 & over)
14. Grade Mare (All ages) NO papers from any Breed Association
Grand Champion Mares
15. Registered Geldings (4 & under)
16. Registered Geldings (5 & over)
17. Grade Geldings (All ages) NO Papers from any Breed Assoc.
Grand Champion Geldings
18. Junior Showmanship
19. Senior Showmanship
20. Junior Stock Horse Trail
21. Senior Stock Horse Trail
22. Junior Western Pleasure
23. Senior Western Pleasure
24. Junior Horsemanship
25. Senior Horsemanship
26. Junior Western Riding (must do flying lead changes per 4-H rules)
27. Senior Western Riding (must do flying lead changes per 4-H rules)
28. Junior Reining
29. Senior Reining
30. Junior Stock Horse Pleasure
31. Senior Stock Horse Pleasure
32. Junior Working Cow Horse
33. Senior Working Cow Horse
BREAKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE SHOW