2018 Wise County Youth Fair
FEBRUARY 26 - MARCH 3
Superintendent: Melissa Haworth, Alvord
Judge: Tony Bell
RULES AND INFORMATION
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the ARBA book of Standards will govern the Rabbit Show.
2. This will be a carry cage show. Bring your own cage (with leak proof bottoms) for your rabbits.
3. Ownership of entries will be thirty (30) days prior to judging at the Wise County Youth Fair. Must have proof of ownership.
4. All entries must be clearly and permanently earmarked in the left ear. A registration and tattoo clinic will be held on January 29, 2018 from 3:30-7:00 pm
at the Wise County Fair Grounds. SEE ENTRY DEADLINES FOR DATE AND PLACE.
ALL RABBITS MUST BETATTOOED OR TATTOOS CHECKED AND CHECKED FOR
BREED AND SEX AT THE TATTOO CLINIC . NO EXCEPTIONS.
It is mandatory that the ear number of all rabbits entered in the Wise County Youth Fair (including meat pens) be registered with the show
superintendent at the tattoo clinic in order to show at the WCYF.
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, NOTIFY THE SUPERINTENDENT OR PRESIDENT ASAP.
5. Rabbits must not be left in the Rabbit Barn without permission of the superintendent.
6. Arrival of Rabbits will be 12:00 noon on Tuesday. Judging will begin at 1:00 p.m. for Meat Pens followed by Breeding Rabbits. Release will be following
7. Classes will be determined by weight and age as set forth in the ARBA Book of Standards.
8. No wildlife will be shown.
9. Exhibits showing signs of disease or health problems, such as ear canker or cold, will be barred from the show and removed from the fairgrounds.
10. There will be no mixed breed entries.
Exhibitors must groom their own animals.
12. Limit two (2) entries per class per variety in breed.
In addition to the above rules Meat Classes are subject to the following rules.
13. Each rabbit should weigh 3.5 to 5.5 pounds. The weight shown on day of show will be the official weight. One rabbit weighting more that 5.5 lbs. will
eliminate the entire pen.
14. Limit two (2) pens per exhibitor. (3 rabbits per pen)
15. Rabbits will be judged for meat quality.
16. Six (6) pens will be sold at auction provided there are at least 10 pens exhibited.
17. Only one (1) pen may be sold by any exhibitor. Any individual can win grand or reserve champion with his meat pen entry, but not both. Thus, when
winning grand champion, his rabbits will not be considered for further prizes or awards.
18. Animals must be tattooed in left ear or tattoo verified at the tattoo clinic to be entered.
Rabbits: Rabbit entry consists of singles or pens.
Pens: Three (3) rabbits of the same breed. Age limit not over 10 weeks (70 days) old.
Doe: Female rabbit
Buck: Male rabbit
1. JUNIOR BUCK—Exhibiting junior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
2. INTERMEDIATE BUCK—Exhibiting intermediate weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
3. SENIOR BUCK—Exhibiting senior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
4. JUNIOR DOE—Exhibiting junior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
5. INTERMEDIATE DOE—Exhibiting intermediate weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
6. SENIOR DOE—Exhibiting senior weight requirements set forth in ARBA Book of Standards.
7. MEAT PEN—Three (3) rabbits same age and breed (age limit not over 10 weeks).
8. DOE & LITTER—Minimum age of litter is four (4) weeks.
9. SINGLE FRYER—Three (3) to five (5) pounds not over 10 weeks old.
Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 5th place.