|WISE COUNTY YOUTH FAIR SALE RULES AND INFORMATION
1. To be eligible for the auction a youth must have met all requirements for the Wise County Youth Fair. These requirements are listed under
the General Rules in this catalog of the Wise County Youth Fair.
2. The auction sale will be held at 1:00 p.m. Saturday in the Livestock Judging Arena of the Wise County Youth Fair.
The 2019 WCYF Sale will be a PREMIUM SALE.
3. The auction sale will consist of:
4. Each exhibitor will be allowed to sell not more than one (1) project in the Wise County Youth Fair Auction.
The judge will choose the Overall Grand and Overall Reserve, but also will select a Bronze placing. The Bronze will only be used in the same
sale order if the same exhibitor won the Overall Grand and Overall Reserve in a department.
All scratches must be signed by one of the following: parent, FFA advisor, County Extension Agent or FCCLA advisor. In the
event that an exhibitor places more than one (1) project for the sale and does not indicate which project is to be sold, the
exhibitor's highest placing project will be placed in the sale.
5. SALE ORDER: Refer to each department for method of selection for sale.
6. There will be 4% deducted from the total sale price of each sale item in the Wise County Youth Fair Auction. This percentage will be used
to defer expenses associated with Wise County Youth Fair. The charge for buyers’ photographs will be deducted from the price of each animal
or food item sold in the sale.
An Add On will be subject to a 4% deduction.
7. Exhibitors must feed, water and care for their animals before, during and after the show and sale until they have been released by the show
8. Market Hogs will sell in alphabetical order by breed and it will rotate each year from top to bottom.
2019 Fair—Duroc, Hamp, OPB, York, Cross
9. Market Steers will sell in alphabetical order by breed and it will rotate each year from top to bottom.
2019 Fair— British, European, American
10. Market Lambs will sell in alphabetical order by breed and it will rotate each year from top to bottom.
2019 Fair—Medium Wool, Southdown, Fine Wool
11. In the event an animal that qualified for the sale is scratched, the animal placing directly behind it will move up.
12. DECORATION OF MARKET ANIMALS FOR THE JUNIOR AUCTION IS PROHIBITED; ANIMALS MUST BE
PRESENTED FOR AUCTION IN THEIR NATURAL SHOW STATE (i.e. no glitter, paint, balloons, powder, etc. allowed)