BEEF - BREEDING HEIFER DIVISION
Beef Heifer Superintendent:
Ron Womack, Robert Johnson
Beef Heifer Judge:
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the following rules will govern the Beef Cattle Department.
2. A substitution fee of $5.00 may be paid and a substitution made upon arrival to the WCYF Secretary.
3. All beef heifers must be trimmed before arrival on fair grounds. Minor touch up will be allowed. THE HEIFER SHOWS WILL BE BLOW & SHOW. NO PAINT, GLUE, ADHESIVE ETC.
4. Breeding Beef Heifers registration and tattoos will be checked on Wednesday, March 2 from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
5. Registration papers are required on all registered breeding females. No entries will be accepted with papers pending.
6. All non-registered beef heifers will be classified as American, British and Exotic. They must be validated at the county validation in December.
7. The Breeding Beef Show is limited to female entries. No bulls are allowed.
8. No more than two (2) breeding animals per class may be shown by any one exhibitor.
9. Breeding animals will be put into classes according to their age after all entries are received.
10. Any heifer 20 months of age or older, on the show day, must have a certificate of pregnancy from a licensed veterinarian. The certificate of pregnancy must be presented at time of registration paper check. It can be noted on the health papers.
11. All seniors and juniors are eligible for showmanship in Beef Heifers.
12. Bedding: NO straw will be allowed in the stalls. Cedar or wood may be used if the exhibitor so desires. ALL TRIM CHUTES ARE TO BE SET UP OUTSIDE THE BARNS. AFTER ANIMALS ARE IN PLACE AND IF SPACE IS AVAILABLE CHUTES WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE.
4. BREEDING BEEF HEIFER
Breeding Beef Heifers will be divided in to three (3) divisions:
- AMERICAN—Beefmaster, Brahman, Brangus, Simbrah, Santa Gertrudis, All other Americans and American Cross.
- BRITISH—Hereford, Angus, Shorthorn, All other British and British Cross, Polled Hereford, Red Angus
- EXOTIC—Simental, Chianina, Maine Anjou, Limousin, AOB and Exotic Crossbreeds.
Non-registered ABC and British cross heifers will have to class within these divisions.
Maximum age of heifers is thirty (30) months as of March 1, 2022. NO heifers born before September 1, 2019.
Heifers must be owned by November 1.
There must be five (5) head entered and shown to constitute a breed.
Breeds that have less than 5 animals of the same breed, will be shown with another breed from their respective division.
Heifers must be trimmed before arriving at the Wise County Youth Fair. Minor touch up will be allowed.
There will be a Champion and Reserve Champion for each breed.
All Breed Champions and Reserve Champions will compete for Supreme Champion and Reserve Champion Breeding Female.
NATIVE HEIFER DIVISION
13. NO entry fee will be required for this class.
14. The heifer must have been conceived and born in Wise County.
15. All heifers competing must have a certificate signed by breeder stating that the heifer was conceived and born in Wise County.
16. All native heifer verification forms must be turned in during Breeding Beef Heifers registration and tattoos being checked on Wednesday, March 2 from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
17. The highest placing heifer of each class will be eligible to compete.
18. A plaque will be presented to highest placing heifer.
19. A plaque will be presented to the breeder of the highest placing heifer.
5. NATIVE HEIFER