POULTRY - BROILER DIVISION
RULES AND INFORMATION
The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the following rules will govern the Poultry Show.
December 9, 2022 and must be paid for at that time.
Broiler Pick up:
January 13, 2023 (Friday)
1. Broilers may arrive and be checked in by 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday. Judging will begin at 9:00 a.m.
2. Exhibits showing definite signs of disease or health problems will be barred from the show and removed from the fair grounds.
3. A broiler entry will consist of three (3) birds per pen, maximum of two (2) pens.
4. Each participant of the broiler show must order a minimum of one (1) pen of broilers (25 birds per pen). A participant can order up to two pens of broilers (25 birds per pen) ordered by the Superintendent but can only show a total of two (2) pens of broilers per exhibitor. All chicks will come from the same hatch.
5. All birds will be wing banded and bands must be in the wing at time of show for bird to be eligible. No bird will be allowed to be shown without a wing band attached. Broilers may be validated in a family name with exhibitor declared at time of check-in.
6. The use of growth stimulants and/or growth hormones will result in disqualification.
7. There will be two (2) classes of Broilers—Pullet and Cockerel. Each pen will consists of three (3) birds to be shown on Monday. Minimum weight for broilers to be eligible to show is three (3) pounds.
8. The top five (5) pens in each class will be sold in the auction on Saturday.
9. An exhibitor may enter two (2) pens of broilers but, only sell one. An individual can win grand, reserve or third, fourth, or fifth best with his/her broiler entry, but not all five. When winning grand champion his/her birds will not be considered for further prizes or awards.
10. Broilers are released after they show.