Brian Moore, Greenwood
Breeding Swine Judge:
Market Swine Judge:
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair and the following rules will govern the Swine Department.
2. Market Barrows and Gilts will be validated in the exhibitor or family name, with no limit on the number to be validated, the exhibitor and weight must be declared when Weight/Breed Declaration cards are due. Only 2 head may be shown by exhibitor.
3. Market classes are barrow only.
4. Exhibitors must check with the Swine Superintendent upon arrival for pen assignment. Pens will be assigned by club or chapter.
5. Market Barrows and Gilts must be ear tagged on County tag-in date or state validated to be eligible to show. In the event an ear tag is lost it is the exhibitor’s responsibility to contact the Swine Superintendent as soon as possible to have the tag replaced. Any hog that does not have an ear tag at the time of weigh-in will not be allowed to show.
6. Market hogs will be classified and divided by breed then by weight after weight cards are turned in. The Overall Grand and Reserve, plus the Champion and Reserve from each breed will be sold, then a percent of each breed staying as close to forty-five (45) lots. It will be divided by the total number of swine entries in all breeds based on a percentage that will be in the sale. Plus or minus 1.
*There will NOT be an Invitational Celebrity Showmanship show following the Market Swine show for 2022.
7. Classification will follow these guidelines:
Hamp, York, Duroc
Team Pure Bred guidelines:
Spot, Poland, Burk, Chester
8. A substitution fee of $5.00 may be paid and a substitution made upon arrival to the WCYF Secretary.
BREEDING HOGS: (All breeds)
1. Gilts under 6 months
2. Gilts over 6 months
Champion Duroc Gilt
Reserve Champion Duroc Gilt
3. Gilts under 6 months
4. Gilts over 6 months
Champion Hampshire Gilt
Reserve Champion Hampshire Gilt
OTHER PURE BREEDS
5. Gilts under 6 months
6. Gilts over 6 months
Reserve Champion O.P.B.
7. Gilts under 6 months
8. Gilts over 6 months
Champion Cross Breed Gilt
Reserve Champion Cross Breed Gilt
Grand Champion Female
Reserve Champion Female
Junior Showmanship, Breeding Swine
Senior Showmanship, Breeding Swine
10. Market Hogs
Market hogs will be divided by breed. Those breeds being:
Berkshire, Cross, Duroc, Hamp, OPB and York.
*Market hogs will be classified after weight cards are turned in.
*Barrows will be subject to classification by a three-member classifying committee. The decision of the classifying committee will be final.
*All pure breeds must meet breed characteristics including ear notches that follow the major show guidelines. Any swine without ear notches will be put in the Cross Class. See Barrow Classification Standards.
*Classes will then be broke by weight.
*There must be ten (10) head to constitute a breed with the exception of the OPB class which must have five (5) head to constitute a breed .
*Barrows that do not have 10 or more of a pure breed will be put in the OPB class.
Overall Grand Champion Market Hog
Overall Reserve Champion Market Hog
Junior Showmanship, Market Hog
Senior Showmanship, Market Hog
American Heritage/Endangered Breed
- No entry fees.
- The breed must be one from the current or prior year Livestock Conservancy Conservation Priority List.
- All entries must have a registration or certification signed by the breeder.
- All "Heritage/Endangered" verification forms must be turned in with the weight cards or similar.
- The highest placing animal of each class within the species will be eligible to compete.
- An award will be presented to the highest placing animal within the species.
- Placing of these animals will have no effect on qualifying for the auction sale.
American Heritage/Endangered Breed Forms should be filled out, signed and mailed or emailed to WCYF by the entry deadline or turned in with weight cards at weigh-in/classification.
Wise County Youth Fair
PO Box 1062
Decatur, Texas 76234