HORSE SHOW - Speed
The 2022 Wise County Youth Fair Horse Show will be held at :
NRS Training Arena
309 CR 4228
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The General Rules of the Wise County Youth Fair, the 4-H Horse Show Rules and the following rules will govern the Horse Show.
2. This show will be governed under the WCYF rules as well as State 4-H Horse Show rules.
3. Any horse shown must be owned by the exhibitor or the exhibitor’s immediate family. You cannot show a friend’s horse.
4. Exhibitors may enter all classes but will be allowed to enter only one horse per class.
5. Exhibitors must check in with the Horse Show Secretary before your event begins. The secretary will assign each exhibitor an exhibitor number card. This card must be displayed on the exhibitor’s back during all classes. Show times are at 8:30 a.m.
6. No stallions will be allowed to show.
7. All exhibitors will show by grade: Grade groups are: Juniors 3rd—8th grade Seniors 9th—12th grade
8. All exhibitors must bring their current negative Coggins with them to the horse show and present it at time of check-in.
9. Any exhibitor or parent/coach mistreating or correcting an animal which is deemed excessive by the show management will be asked to leave the show grounds immediately and forfeit any and all show fees and premiums.
10. Validation papers must be mailed in by entry deadline. Papers are available online.
11. If case of a tie, the tie will be broken using state 4-H rules.
12. All roping classes will use an electric eye.
Speed Classes—8:30 a.m. Tuesday
51. Team Roping (All ages)Heeling
52. Team Roping (All ages) Heading
53. Junior Tie Down Calf Roping
54. Senior Tie Down Calf Roping (Boys only)
55. Junior Breakaway Roping
56. Senior Breakaway Roping (Girls only)
57. Junior Goat Tying
58. Senior Goat Tying (Girls only)
59. Junior Barrels
60. Senior Barrels
61. Junior Poles
62. Senior Poles
63. Junior Stakes
64. Senior Stakes
All Junior Events are boys and girls combined.
The above list is the order of events.
Awards will be:
Senior Champion Roper
Senior Reserve Champion Roper (Trophy Halter)
Junior Champion Roper
Junior Reserve Champion Roper (Trophy Halter)
Senior Champion Timed Horseman
Senior Reserve Champion Timed Horseman (Trophy Halter)
Junior Champion Timed Horseman
Junior Reserve Champion Timed Horseman (Trophy Halter)
Amy Daniels Memorial Hi Point Award - Awarded to the participant from both days with the most points.
PERFORMANCE EVENTS ARE LISTED IN: DEPARTMENT L-HORSE SHOW
American Heritage/Endangered Breed Forms should be filled out, signed and mailed or emailed to WCYF by the entry deadline or turned in with weight cards at weigh-in/classification.
American Heritage/Endangered Breed
- No entry fees.
- The breed must be one from the current or prior year Livestock Conservancy Conservation Priority List.
- All entries must have a registration or certification signed by the breeder.
- All "Heritage/Endangered" verification forms must be turned in with the weight cards or similar.
- The highest placing animal of each class within the species will be eligible to compete.
- An award will be presented to the highest placing animal within the species.
- Placing of these animals will have no effect on qualifying for the auction sale.